First Orthodontist Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our Carolina orthodontics office to discuss orthodontic braces and other options. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential orthodontic treatment options. This important 60-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs and we will explain fully how braces work. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan or fitting orthodontic braces. This additional appointment will last approximately one hour.
During the initial examination for each patient, orthodontic doctor Dr. Spielberg will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Do I need braces to achieve straight teeth?
- Is there a condition that orthodontic braces can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much are braces going to cost?
- What can I eat with braces?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about orthodontic treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs and suitability for orthodontic braces, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss orthodontic treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions about orthodontic braces such as clear Damon braces or other types.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
You may access the following forms to assist us with your care. Please print and fill out the following forms, then bring them to your appointment.